The original Grenouillere site was located on a dyke originally belonging to the general public and linking the private island of Croissy's Ile d'Aligre to Chatou's Ile du Chiard. This position originally formes a natural bay with a mini island, known as the "camembert", and a gently sloping bank where the boats could moore.
Today, the Grenouillere site is situated on an area of land approx 2000m² at a point just beyond the Grenouillère golf range. The portion of riverbank upon which it sits is that section opposite the Château Chanorier on the Croissy bank and the ESSO sports stadium on the Rueil side.
The mini island called "The Camenbert" (the round cheese) or "pot à fleurs" (the flowerpot) by Maupassant, had disappeared under new embankments following the river dredging and improvement works carried out in 1927. Also covered over was the original place where the Grenouillère was moored, but in 1999, this "camenbert" was restored in its original place, albeit now on land, by the association, the "friends of the Grenouillere".
The place is now accessible either from the bridge at Bougival or from the "Parc des Impressionnistes" at Chatou and there you will find the recreation or the impressionists' scene.